Saturday 23 July 2011

My active and strange pregnancy dream world

It's a time of change, hormones, worry and excitement, so I shouldn't be surprised by the current wild offerings of my subconscious.  All the same they do have me curious.  Any and all interpretations welcome.

Dream 1:
Thom and I are shopping for something, possibly a house.  It's a large warehouse we are browsing in, filled with natural light streaming in from the floor to ceiling windows of the warehouse.  We browse slowly, but I feel that we won't find what we need, or possibly what we can afford, here.  We leave into the morning air and look out into the desert the stretches out before us.  Thom points to mountains far off in the distance, saying simply, 'Mountains'.  I turn and look to huge mountain directly behind us.  The warehouse seems to be built into the side of it.  The mountain is craggy and snow covers the upper most peaks.  As we stand gazing at it, I spot a penguin on one of the craggy outcroppings.  Thom and I begin up a hill towards the mountain and notice many  other penguins playing in the snow.  Thom tries to approach them as I struggle to capture them on camera.

Dream 2:
I go into labour and give birth.  Its all hazy and I can't recall if the babies were boys or girls.  I can't recall if I had pain relief.  I can't recall how I get home, but suddenly find myself in the twins bedroom, alone with them, seeing them for the first time.  I change the diaper of one.  She's a girl and is placid and calm.  I reach for the other one.  He's a boy.  He's larger and more cranky.  My brother somehow arrives and we have an argument.  I try to hit him with a bathmat, but end up hitting the twins instead.

Dream 3:
I am preparing the room before the twins arrive.  I decide to put a boa constrictor in a cage in one the corners.  I also leave a rattlesnake loose in the room to protect the boa and keep it in the cage.  I'm showing my mother around when we realise that the boa is gone and only the rattlesnake is left.  We run out of the room, dodging the angry snake as we go.

Well, any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment