Thursday 28 July 2011

Knock-knock. Who's there? Babies!

Oh, it's all happening now.  Tummy is getting bigger.  Busting out of even previously baggy trousers.  Round and firm, feeling decidedly full.

Yesterday, I was running late for a few afternoon clients.  Late because I opted for going on a last minute snack run, doing a sweep through the mini-Tesco near the hospital for whatever seemed to get me salivating.  I left weighed down with a yoghurt, a pear, nectarines, apricots (yellow fruits really get me going lately) and a lottery scratch card (well, they might want to go to university, right?), dashing to the consulting room reserved for me by the kind reception staff who now always aim to put me on lowest floor possible.  I slurped the yoghurt down as I power-walked back to the hospital.

Arriving kinda breathless, since my gym sessions have become kinda sparse and kinda easy, I made it just in time.  My client was waiting.  I put on a smile, a professional gait and ushered her to the room.  We settled into our chairs and got the session under way.  She's talking, I'm listening.  It's all going as it should.  And then - blip.

That's the best word to describe the odd feeling I had in a spot little lower than my stomach.  It felt like a butterflies, but in an unusual place.  Like someone just re-arranging themselves post-snack time.  I tried to conceal my amazement and I hope my face didn't give away that my mind was somewhere else for just a moment.

So I think I felt them move.  They are about the size of apple each this week, and there's not a whole lot of room in there.  It's great to know they are there and making their presence known.  Hello, I can hear ya knocking, little babies!  

No comments:

Post a Comment