Saturday 13 August 2011

Getting kinda crowed in there in the Temple of Womb

It's been a busy week in pregnant lady world and it looks like the little womb-raiders have been plenty busy, too.    The latest scan has revealed two good sized babies.  Right where they should be on the sonographer's growth charts.  Even more exciting, they are already learning the valuable life skill of posing for the camera.  Now and again at this week's scan, in between bouts of wrestling and kicking, they turned their little faces towards the 'camera' (or the sonographer's device) as if to say 'What you staring at?'

Looks like it is getting pretty snug there in the Temple of Womb for my little Indiana and Jones.  As you can see from the photo they no longer have the luxury of stretching space that they enjoyed at the first scan.  They are nestled in tight.  The one facing upside down had a little flurry of kicking against the walls, as if trying desperately to make more room.  All in good time, little person.

On the outside of the hive, I am indeed rapidly expanding.  The belly has become the unmistakeably round baby-belly bump.  I completed my Advanced Personal Trainer assessment today, and was super-pleased to pass considering I didn't demonstrate some exercises.  Lying on my front has suddenly become a no-go.  It feels like I have a beach ball under me.  On the plus side, my arm muscles are looking as good as ever and I can still lunge and squat to keep those legs strong and hot.

All the better as I plan to do a bit of posing myself and get some photos of fit pregnant me to help me market my new services.  As I can testify, being in physically good condition has been a great help.  Over the last few weeks I have loads of energy and although my stomach doesn't fit into my trousers any more, I don't have many other body complaints.

Will that change after tonight's dinner?  Thom has just popped the veggie-packed cottage pie into the oven and I might have a little avocado and cheese starter in a moment.  I have been ravenous and working my way through masses of food.  Feeding my muscles and my pretty, un-camera-shy babies, I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment